Every year, donations from parents and friends of Seton Catholic School help students take advantage of all that Seton has to offer. The Seton Fund is our annual appeal for contributions from alumni, parents of alumni, grandparents, parents, staff, and friends of Seton Catholic School to help defray the costs of a Catholic education that tuition revenue alone does not cover.
These funds will support all areas of Seton Catholic School, including religious activities, curricular enhancements, technology upgrades, campus improvements, and tuition assistance. Please join us and help us reach 100% participation from the entire school community! Every gift counts!
If you have questions, please contact the Director of Development, Susan Roubic at (330) 342-4200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
YES! 100% participation is as important as meeting our overall financial goal. Before outside funding sources, such as foundations, will consider donating their dollars, they want to know that Seton families are supporters as well. With the increasingly competitive market in Northeast Ohio, a high percentage of participation in the Seton Fund is extremely important.
For that reason, EVERY GIFT COUNTS!
A school, whose primary mission is to provide children with a good education, cannot be compared to a business, whose primary mission is to make money. By their very nature, excellent schools are labor-intensive and people-oriented. Moreover, the costs of faculty salaries and benefits and building/maintenance, to a large degree, drive the cost of an independent school education. In order to offer competitive salaries to faculty and staff and to provide desirable programs, Seton has to do the following:
– Ask for donations
– Raise tuition
-Pursue corporate and foundation gifts and grants
We do not want the expense of tuition to prohibit qualified students from attending our school. It is especially important that tuition remain as affordable as possible in order to serve all families choosing a Catholic education.
The difference between cost of education and tuition charged is significant per student. It is our hope that all stakeholders in the success of Seton Catholic School prayerfully discern a meaningful amount to donate.
We hope that Seton families will choose to make their children’s school their philanthropic priority.
To make a donation that spreads over several months, we ask that you fill out the Seton Fund Commitment Form, including on it the total amount you wish to donate for this year and the increments in which you wish to make your donation. Payment options include check, MasterCard, or VISA. We can also send reminders at intervals that work best for you.
Yes. Seton Catholic School is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation under the laws of the United States. No goods or services will be received in exchange for your gift, so it will be tax deductible to the full extent allowed by law. Written recognition of your gift will be provided for tax purposes. (Note that the amount donated is tax-deductible in the year in which it is deposited by Seton Catholic School.)
Yes. Many employers offer Matching Gift programs. In some cases, gifts from spouses, directors, and retired employees will be matched as well. Please take the time to determine whether your employer offers such a program – it could serve to double your donation! Do not hesitate to ask the Seton Development Office for the documentation you might need in order to facilitate a matching gift or for information regarding matching gift opportunities.
Memorial gifts – gifts in memory of someone you loved or admired – are a particularly meaningful way to contribute to the Seton Fund.
“In honor of” gifts for all occasions (a student’s birthday or parents’ anniversary, for example) are also lasting tributes. Contact Susan Roubic, Director of Development, with any questions.
The general rule in the nonprofit world is that everyone with an interest in the organization should contribute at least one of the so-called “Three T’s” – Time, Talent or Treasure. Undoubtedly, each of us can contribute to the school in one or more of these areas, each of which is essential to the success of the school. However, please note that it is still extremely important that we have 100% participation in the Seton Fund.
Some other ways to help Seton include:
– Gifts of Securities: Gifts of appreciated securities can represent a two-fold tax saving opportunity because donors may avoid paying any capital gains tax on the increased value of the stock. Contact the Seton Development Office for the stock/securities transfer form.
– Planned Giving & Bequests: There are many ways you can help the school through planned giving-options include bequests, annuities, and trusts.
– IRA Charitable Rollover: IRA owners beginning at age 70½ are permitted to make outright charitable gifts totaling up to $100,000 per year from their IRAs directly to eligible charities. The donor does not have to report the distribution as taxable income. Consult with your financial advisor for further information.
– In-Kind Gifts: Certain types of in-kind gifts may be extremely useful to the school.
– Building Outside Support for Seton: Spread the word about Seton! Be an advocate for the school! Ask your family, friends and employers to make donations, or simply make an introduction to the school. (In particular, many grandparents of Seton students continue to be generous supporters of the school); and
– Volunteer: If you see a need that you can help fill, don’t hesitate to speak up and let us know on the Commitment Form.
“From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.” Luke 12:48